Policy setting out the general principles relating to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
Policy in effect as of 21-09-2023
Protecting the privacy of our customers is a priority for Location Accès Crédit inc. We invite you to consult this policy for answers to your questions, including what information we collect, why we ask you to provide personal information, what we do with such information and the security measures we use to protect it.
Your consent is essential for Location Accès Crédit inc. to collect, use and disclose your personal information. The decision to disclose your personal information to us is yours. Please keep in mind, however, that if you refuse to provide us with certain information essential to our financing procedures or withdraw your consent to its use, we will unfortunately be limited in the assistance we can provide you and may not be able to provide you with all or part of our services.
What Information We Collect
Location Accès Crédit inc. does not collect your personal information unless you provide it to us voluntarily and for investigative purposes. By providing us with personal information, you consent to the manner in which Location Accès Crédit inc. collects, uses, discloses and otherwise manages such information as described in this Policy. Personal information” means any information that directly or indirectly identifies you.
In particular, we may need to collect your personal information when you apply for financing, contact us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise, or participate in a survey, contest or promotion.
How We Use Your Information
We collect the above-mentioned information in order to complete your file properly, to determine the eligibility of your file, to process and administer your account and to offer you the best possible service. Following your request for financing, the information will be used to analyze your request and, if applicable, in the event of collection. Your personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected and in accordance with this policy, except with your consent or where required or permitted by law.
Personal information identified as being the most sensitive will be limited to ensure that only those staff members who absolutely need the information have access to it. To find out more about data limitation, please contact us at the coordinates indicated in the “How to contact us” section.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Subject to the following, Location Accès Crédit inc. will not disclose, sell or otherwise transfer to third parties, or exchange with third parties, your personal information, without first obtaining your consent. We may share personal information with certain third parties, including the following:
– third-party service providers and/or partners who provide us with website services, application development, hosting, maintenance and other services. These third parties may access or process personal information in connection with the services they provide to us. We limit the information we provide to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions;
– government authorities and law enforcement agencies where required by applicable law. More specifically, we may disclose personal and other information if we are required to do so by law or if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order or subpoena or government search warrant, or otherwise to cooperate with such government authorities and law enforcement agencies;
– purchaser, successor or assignee in connection with any merger, acquisition, ﬁnancing, asset sale or similar transaction, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership involving the transfer of personal information as a business asset to one or more third parties;
We will only use personal information for the primary purpose and applicable legitimate purpose for which it was collected, or for ﬁns consistent with that primary purpose.
On the Location Accès Crédit inc. website, we do not collect any information that could identify you, unless you have voluntarily shared your information. You are welcome to visit our website anonymously at any time, without revealing any personal or financial information about yourself. We manage our servers and maintain an effective firewall infrastructure so that you can browse safely. To access secure areas of our website, you will be provided with a username and password. We constantly review our practices and policies, audit our data network, test the effectiveness of our site’s security and make every update to ensure that the confidentiality of your information is never compromised.
When you access our website or an Internet link sent by Location Accès Crédit inc., your computer and the portal server automatically exchange information. This automatic communication is necessary for the server to send you a file compatible with the computer equipment you are using. The information exchanged includes the following:
- the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- your IP address (e.g. 22.214.171.124), the unique number assigned to your computer when it is connected to the Internet;
- the type of browser (e.g. Firefox, Explorer) and operating system (e.g. Windows, Mac OS) you are using;
- the pages you visit;
- the date and time you access these pages;
- the information and data you have accepted.
Changes to our Policy
This policy is subject to change in order to take into account the evolution of rules relating to the protection of personal information and privacy. Any new version will automatically come into force as soon as it is published by Location Accès Crédit inc.. We therefore invite you to consult the Location Accès Crédit inc. website regularly for any changes. For your convenience, the date of the last modification is indicated at the bottom of the page.
If you have any questions, concerns, complaints or requests relating to this policy, you may contact us in writing or by telephone at the coordinates below, and the Privacy Officer and his team will be pleased to assist you. If you wish to exercise your right to access or rectify your personal information, you may contact us at the coordinates listed below. Location Accès Crédit inc. will contact you within 30 days of receiving your request.
336, boul. Saint-Luc, suite 202
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Qc, J2W 2A3
Telephone : (450) 741-0874
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
How Long do we Keep Personal Information?
We will destroy physical personal information and anonymize digitized personal information in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. For more information on how long we retain personal information, please contact us at the coordinates indicated in the “Contact Us” section.
Where do we Store Personal Information and International Transfers?
All personal information obtained by Location Accès Crédit inc. is stored in Quebec, both in a secure physical copy and in a digital copy maintained on an external server. Location Accès Crédit inc. mandates a company specialized in data retention to store your data.
How do we Protect Personal Information?
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect information submitted to us, both at the time of transmission and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate physical, technical or administrative safeguards to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, modiﬁcation, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse or other unlawful forms of processing of personal information in our possession. We have taken steps to ensure that the only staff members subject to a duty of conﬁdentiality who have access to your personal information are those who have a need to know or whose duties reasonably require such information.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, nor any means of electronic or physical storage, is 100% secure. We therefore cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit or provide to us, and you do so at your own risk. Nor can we guarantee that such information will not be accessed, obtained, disclosed, modified or destroyed as a result of a breach of our physical, technical or administrative safeguards. If you have reason to believe that personal information has been compromised, please contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section.
What information do we keep Following the Destruction of Personal Information?
Personal information is retained only as long as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
In addition, as mentioned in the previous section, your personal information may be stored in Canada or abroad. Of course, we ensure that the necessary security measures and contractual agreements are in place to protect your personal information.
If you would like to learn more about how long we keep your personal information, we invite you to contact our Privacy Officer, whose coordinates are listed in the “Contact us” section.
What Rights does an Individual Have with Respect to his or her Personal Information?
Under certain circumstances and in accordance with applicable data protection laws, an individual has the following rights:
- Access: the right to ask whether we process information and, if so, to request access to personal information. Subject to applicable law and, where applicable, the payment of a monetary sum, the individual may thus receive a copy of the personal information we hold and certain other information concerning him or her;
- Accuracy: We are required to take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information in our possession is accurate, complete, non-misleading and up-to-date;
- Rectification: the right to request rectification of any incomplete or inaccurate personal information we hold;
- Erasure: the right to ask us to erase, destroy or remove personal information in certain circumstances. The onus is on the requester to demonstrate that dissemination of the information is unlawful or causes harm;
- Oversight: the right to prevent dissemination of personal information or request that it be de-indexed. There are certain exceptions under which we may refuse a request to exercise the right to be forgotten, such as when personal information is required to comply with the law or with a contractual agreement between the parties, or in connection with claims;
- Restriction: the right to ask us to suspend the processing of certain personal information, in particular in order to establish its accuracy or the reason for its processing;
- Portability: the right to receive computerized personal information collected in a structured, commonly used technological format and to have that information transferred directly to any person or organization authorized by law to collect such information. An exemption is provided where the provision of the information in a structured and commonly used technological format raises serious practical difficulties for us.
- Transfer: the right to request the transfer of certain personal information to another party;
- Challenging: the right to challenge the processing of personal information on the basis of a legitimate interest (or that of a third party) or for certain direct marketing purposes. However, we may have the right to continue processing the information;
- Automated decisions: the right to challenge any automated decision where such a decision has a significant legal or similar impact, and the right to request that it be reconsidered;
- Consent: where we have obtained consent to process personal information, the right to withdraw that consent in the circumstances provided for by law;
- Processing: the right to request information on the processing of their data, i.e. what personal information has been collected from them and how we process it.
Finally, it is also possible to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, specifically in the province in which you normally reside, in which we are located or in which an alleged breach of data protection laws has occurred.